Sunday, January 15, 2012

RipCord Code Red

I have used a Ripcord Code red arrow rest for a full season now.  I have made these observations.
This rest is very easy to tune!  The containment arm above the rest is a smart and effective arrow containment system.  It does cause a little vibration on the shot, but nothing to worry about.  During a spot and stalk Pronghorn hunt in Western Nebraska, the rest contained my arrow at any angle during the stalk.   My 1.5" Blazer  vanes contacted the rest, when I first set it up, however a simple alignment of my fletching fixed this problem.   The rest appears to completely be out of the way when the arrow passes now, with virtually no bounce back.   This rest was also a bit noisy until I placed a mole skin on the arrow shelf of the riser.   The mole skin I feel is a must having tested this on several bow setups.   All in all I feel this a very good product, when proper time is taken to correct any minor problems.  Plus its always good to buy American!

No comments:

Post a Comment