Friday, January 20, 2012

Rage Broadheads

Its like throwing an axe through an animal!  Rage in the Cage!  Its like driving a Mac truck with a ninja on the front through a meat locker!   You have heard all these morbid celebrity endorsements of the mighty rage broadhead, I am here to test this out.   My first experience with this cut on contact, slip-cam broadhead, was on a Pronghorn hunt in western Nebraska.  The broadhead looks the part, and has incredibly sharp blades, but this does no good if the broadhead is open upon draw.   Sneaking through the grass, I apparently bumped the broadhead on something, opening it.   It cost me one fine trophy.  The Rage, however, is excellent for hunting out of a treestand.  I shot a doe in 2010, with a Rage, it was a good shot right behind the shoulder.   The doe ran maybe 15-20 yards before piling up in what looked like a scene from a slasher movie.   The entrance and exit wounds were almost three inches across.   These broadheads fly almost identically to my field points, which required little tuning before the hunt.   The included practice head, allows a hunter to save his kill broadheads for when it really matters.   I would recommend these broadheads on deer size game and smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment