Monday, January 14, 2013

Mathews Creed

I recently made a trip to Scheels, to shoot the new Mathews Creed.  Several local Mathews "experts" explained to me that this was the best bow on the market, because of its new SimPlex cam.   The cam allegedly produces the smoothest drawing solocam bow ever produced.   The Creed certainly looks and feels the part.   It weighs just 3.85 pounds, but still feels relatively stable in the hand, when coupled with a heavier stabilizer.   It has an axle to axle length of 30".    I tested the bow with Beman ICS 400 arrow, with a 100 gr. field point.  When first drawing the bow, I immediately questioned the claim of the smoothest drawing solocam ever.  I felt a bit of a hitch, before hitting full draw.   It wasn't a huge problem, but still noticeable.   The bow had a solid backwall, and with the 80% letoff, I felt like I could hold it all day.   The first shot I noticed the bow wanting to "jump" a little more than I had anticipated.   I was actually shocked with how much vibration it produced.   This could be from the bow not being totally setup, with quality products.   I expressed this to several of the "experts" around me, and they told me that's because I just don't know what a good bow is.   These brand driven people drive me to the point of insanity.   Overall, the Creed seems to be just another rebranded bow Mathews produces year after year.   Coupled with the $999 dollar msrp, and the fact that it doesn't shoot as well as a bows from 4-5 years ago,  I wouldn't suggest this bow to anyone,  except the people who need to show how well off they are at the archery club.   Do yourself a favor when purchasing a bow, and shoot everything and anything you can get your hands on.   Do not let peers tell you to strictly shoot the brand they do.   Find the bow that is right for you, not for your peers.    Good Shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment